2018/07/09

Believe | Mama Elephant

Hello everyone! Today I want to share with you this card which was clearly inspired by Disney's Mulan :-) I think the sentiment from 'dragon wishes' was perfect for the Mulan theme.
Since I am a huge Mama Elephant fan I enjoy quite a large collection and love combining different sets for my cards!


The card includes several new techniques for me: 1. I watercolored my own background, 2. I used Copic no-line coloring and 3. I combined different coloring mediums (watercoloring and Copics) --- so there are a lot of things I am not 100% satisfied with but I really enjoyed the process :-)


So first I created the watercolor background using Mijello mission gold colors. I wanted to give the illusion of a cherry blossom background. I used the 'hillside cover' from ME to diecut the watercolor piece and prepare it for the card.


Then I stamped the images from the sets 'in my heart', 'dragon wishes' and 'lunar extras' with victorian velvet and antique linen distress inks. I definitely prefer Memento inks for Copic coloring but since I don't have light colors for no-line coloring I went with the distress inks. After the images were done I diecut them and adhered everything to the background.


With white embossing powder I heat embossed the sentiment and adhered the scene to a white cardbase.


Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day!

xo
Lisa

Supply List


Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen