2016/09/08

You make my life magical | MFT

Hi there! I want to show you this card featuring the popular 'magical dragons' stamp set from My favorite things before I start preparing myself for the Stempelmekka :)

I used distress inks for the background and for coloring in the dragon image. While blending distress colors together for the rainbow, the sky and the clouds I used the same medium as watercolors for the dragon. You really can get a very different look doing so.

The clouds are diecut with Mama Elephant 'landscape trio' dies and the rainbow with 'rainbow high' dies. I cut apart the rays of the rainbow in order to color each of them differently. I decided to keep the dragon in green/brown because the background is so colorful. The sentiment is from the same dragon stamp set and stamped in archival jet black ink.



After adhering everything to a craft card base I added some sequins and stars in a peach translucent color.

Thank you for stopping by, have an awesome day and I will be back next week!!!

xo
Lisa


Supply List


Sorry for not linking to the individual distress inks but I really have to hurry now :)

- for the rainbow I used: abandoned coral, dried marigold, mustard seed, shabby shutters,   cracked pistacchio, tumbled glass and milled lavender
- for the clouds I used cracked pistacchio
- for the sky I used scattered straw
- and for the dragon I used peeled paint, gathered twigs and ground espresso

You can find all the colors here.

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen