2016/02/08

Sending Hedgehugs | Lawnscaping Challenge #123

Hello! Here I am - with another Valentine's Day card for the Lawnscaping challenge #123 Sending Love. I really like the 'hedgehugs' mini stamp set from Lawn Fawn from the Valentine's Day release last year,  I think. 



I startet by creating a watercolor background with the distress inks spun sugar, picked raspberry and candied apple. I masked off a stripe of the watercolor paper to color it in with hickory smoke distress ink after die cutting the smaller one of the 'stitched party banners' from the watercolord background. After that I prepared another background with spun sugar ink. I sprinkled some water droplets on both of the pieces to create more interest.


While letting them dry I stamped the cute hedgehogs with Archival jet black ink and colored them in with distress inks which I put on my acrylic block in order to pick it up with a water brush. For the hedgehogs I used the colors antique linen, tattered rose, ground espresso and gathered twigs.

From the banner shape I die cut a nice heart using the new 'dotted details' die from Mama Elephant.




For assembling the card I adhered the background paper to a 3"x4" sized card and added a small piece of the grey Let's Polka paper where the die cut heart will be.
Then I used some white and grey twine to make a cute little bow at the top of the banner shape and adhered the whole piece to the background with foam tape. Last but not least I added the hedgehogs, some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and the sentiment which is included in the mini stamp set.

Thank you for stopping by,
xo
Lisa



Supply List


2 Kommentare :

  1. This is just adorable! I love your watercolored banner! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    AntwortenLöschen