2018/12/06

Retro Birthday Card | Mama Elephant

Hi there! I don't know exactly why but the cute piggy from 'Hogs and Kisses' immediately reminded me of the Pink Ladys from Grease. Maybe because of the combination of the hair ribbon and the pink color of pigs - but who knows ;-) However, this was the time when the idea for this retro card came into my mind.


I started by sketchin a (for me) typical American diner and traced the lines with Copic Fineliner pens. Then I colored in the floor and bar. Then I masked off both and added cracked pistachio Distress Oxide ink to the wall. I also diecut the background with the largest die of the 'dotted details' set.


In order to achieve the retro look I customized some stamp images. The barstools are made with the stamp set 'Tea with Friends' - I just cut off the backrest. The table is also from the same set - again I cut off the parasol and two of the table bases. I added a tile pattern with Copics again and the retro table was ready. I created a Pink Lady jacket for the female pig  to round things up and colored everything with Copic markers. The little treats are from the set 'Little Edibles'.



I decided on a black metallic cardbase and adhered the background and images. Last but not least I added the sentiment from 'labeled messages'.


On my IG-account you will find another photstory to check out :)

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day! 

xo
Lisa 

Supply List

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen