2018/12/16

Believe | Mama Elephant

Hello everyone! I think 'Me and my dragon' together with 'Dragon Wishes' are my favorite stamp sets this year. So I decided to create another Game-of-Thrones themed encouragement card. 


I started with the background by diecutting a piece of watercolor cardstock with the 'basic rectangles' die set. Then I used the 'kingdom trio' set to create DIY stencils. With these stencils and distress inks the background was made.



Beside the two favorite stamp sets I also used 'Lil'painters' and 'Merry mantle' for this card. All the images were stamped with Memento tuxedo black and colored in with Copic markers. Fortunately I had all the dies for the images.


After that it was time for the 'flip slider' set. I diecut it from grey/white cardstock and created some small backgrounds on the white cardstocks with again distress inks and also a stencil from Tim Holtz. Then I adhered my images onto the slider parts and assembled the slider mechanism.


I wanted to create a scene where you first see Daenerys at the beginning with the Dothraki outfit where she dreams of an own castle and soldiers. Then she has the three eggs - went into the fire and finally has three dragons (I could only fit one of them onto the slider piece).

I set it aside and went on with the background. I decided on the sentiment and stamped two larger dragons from the me and my dragon set with antique linen distress inks directly onto the background. With the same distress inks I added some soft coloring to the images. 


Last but not least I chose a grey cardbase and adhered the card and flip slider onto the base.

And here is a short clip about how the slider mechanism works once it's finished:


Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!

xo
Lisa

Supply List

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen