2019/03/04

Retirement Card | Lawn Fawn

Hello everyone! I think most of you agree that the 'magic picture changer' die from Lawn Fawn is really addictive (at least I can guess from the IG posts). There are endless possibilities and I used it to create a unique retirement card for my mother's colleague. She is now a dress maker and plans to travel a lot when she retired in a few days. So I came up with this design to match her plans perfectly :)




I started with creating two little scenes using the 'sewn with love' and 'ahoy, matey' stamp sets from Lawn Fawn. I also used the little girl from 'screen time' and added some needles to her hands to create the illusion that she is sewing something. 



I colored the images with Copic markers and added distress oxide ink blending to the background (tumbled glass and scattered straw). Then I used the magic picture changer dies to diecut the pieces. For the second part I used or the "slider piece" I also diecut one from ink blended cardstock and doubled the cardstock so that it was easier to slid in and out without warping.



I also stamped lots of other images from the stamp sets with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored them in with Copics too. I would use them for decorating the space around the picture changer.



For the background I blended more distress oxides (abandoned coral, dried marigold, scattered straw) as well as for the frame of the 'magic picture changer add-on' (pine needles, peacock feathers).



I used two layers of foam tape to adhere the interactive piece to the cardbase after assembling the magic picture changer. Then I added the other images and the sentiment from 'rub-a-dub-dub'.

To sum everything up you can watch the short photostory:



Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!

xo
Lisa


Supply List

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen