2018/09/16

Card Design Superstar 2018 #2 | My favorite things

Hello again! So for my second entry for the MFT Card Design Superstar challenge 2018 I chose the Coloring Virtuoso category. I am by far not as good as so many talented card makers out there when it comes to coloring and even more - water coloring. However, I had this card idea and I thought I will give it a try :)


I watched the new movie Christopher Robin from Walt Disney because Winnie the Pooh was my absolutely favorite cartoon during my childhood (I blame him for my sweet tooth ;-) ). After that I had this idea in my mind and had to try it.

So I started by diecutting the 'stitched collage frame' die from watercolor paper and adhered the pieces non-permanently to a woodboard. Then I created little scenes for my Pooh with different MFT products. The main character is from 'bitty bears' - it was really hard to decide on which image will make it onto the card.
The clouds, raindrops and the street light is from 'london mouse' (unfortunately a retired set) and last but not least I used the tree from 'modern trees'.


I stamped everything with antique linen distress ink and started by coloring the backgrounds. I mixed differents shades of my brown mijello mission gold watercolors to achieve a sepia kind of look. For the bear(s) I added more yellow and I also made him a red t-shirt. I wanted everything in brownish colors except for the red on the shirt or balloon.


I added the sentiment and heart also included in the bitty bears set and covered the heart with Nuvo jewel drop in strawberry coulis. Last but not least I used a white gel pen for some details.


Thank you for stopping by and have a fun day!

xo
Lisa

Supply List


2 Kommentare :

  1. This is so cute! Thank you for joining in the Superstar Contest.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. So adorable, Lisa! Thank you for joining in the Superstar contest!

    AntwortenLöschen