2019/04/11

Lawnfawnatics Challenge No. 50 | Fun with Food

Hello everyone! I am back with a card for the Lawnfawnatics challenge #50 "Fun with Food".





I came up with this interactive card idea very quickly but the sweet blueberries from the genious Mona (IG: mona.toth) gave the rest to the design and were the perfect addition.




I started with the background and diecut a piece of white cardstock with the 'Peekaboo backdrop' die from Lawn Fawn. I put it onto another white cardstock and used a Tim Holtz brick stencil to create the background. I chose tumbled glass and hickory smoke distress oxide inks for my ink blending. I added the colors 1x with the inlay pieces inside and 1x without them - so that the scen could continue. In the upper left I wanted to create the illusion of a kitchen cabinet so I just masked off a rectangle and added pumic stone distress oxide ink around it.


After that I diecut three of 4 interactive flaps. A sketch of the finished card is very useful for this design so that you can choose which images you want to color. All the images which are on top of the flaps and behind you need twice.


So I stamped the images with Lawn Fawn jet black dye ink and colored them with Copic markers. I added some details with a white gel pen. I used images from 'So smooth', 'Let's toast', 'Sweet friends' and 'Be Hap-Pea'.


Then I used the flap dies again on the images which will be on the front. When the flaps are closed it looks like a continous scene and when they are opened everything looks the same except for many sweet blueberries which have the time of their live :)


Last but not least I added two enamel dots as cabinet handles and added the sentiment from 'Sewn with love' and Be Hap-Pea.


Here is a short photostory about the card making process:


Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!

xo
Lisa

Supply List


4 Kommentare :

  1. Such a wonderful card! All the kitchen elements and food are fantastic and of course super delicious looking! I love the interactive design with the windows and cute blueberries hidden! You rocked with this card! Thank you so much for sharing you awesome creation for all of us to enjoy at Lawn Fawnatics! -Grace

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much for you kindness and support!! Your comments mean so much ♥

      Löschen
  2. wow!! this is a beautiful card! all of the details, it's so inspiring! the hidden scenes are just so creative!! wow! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Your comments warm my heart ♥

      Löschen