2018/10/14

Christmas Card #12 | Mama Elephant

Hi there! I am back with another interactive Christmas card! This is a very simple and old technique and also Jennifer McGuire did a Video shortly about it since it is so easy and nevertheless much fun!


I used the images from 'Santa's Sleigh' from Mama Elephant for this card. The little reindeer should come out of behind the sleigh and run/fly past them. Since you cannot see the little reindeer at first - I think this a great and fun surprise for the recipient.

So first I created the background by usind the 'all prettied up' die and cutting a slit with a cutting knife. I used distress oxide inks to color in the background and I also used one of the 'landscape trio' dies to create a snow hill. The slider piece is from a left-over cardstock.


The images are stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored in with Copic markers. I added a strip of acetate to the little reindeer.

Then I put lots of foam tape to the back of the front piece (I left only a small area/strip for the slider). I tucked in the acetate with the reindeer and adhered it to the slider piece. I also stamped a second sentiment to the slider cardstock and added a hand drawn arrow to it.



I adhered all the other images to the card and added the sentiment (should have done that before^^). Last but not least I added some glitter details to the sleigh and Santa and also snow flakes with a white gel pen.


I really love how this turned out and it was really easy to make!

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day!

xo
Lisa

Supply List

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen