2016/04/02

Have a super birthday! | Clearly Besotted

Hi there! I have a very colorful card to share with you featuring the adorable 'Caped Cuties' from Clearly Besotted. Here's a look at the card design:



I made this card in 4 steps starting with stamping the images with Memento tuxedo black and coloring them in with Copic markers. I used a Copic friendly paper for that and placed the images with a wider space between them as usual. I also stamped them onto Inkadinkado masking paper and fuzzy cut the masks.

Next I masked off the images and used a coordinating distress ink color for each of the little heroes. I wanted to create a rainbow color palette. Then I die cut them using the smaller polaroid frame of the 'polaroid fun' die set from Mama Elephant. The small images fit perfectly into the polaroid frame.


For the third step I used a sheet of watercolor paper and colored in areas of the paper with the same distress inks. But unlike before I used a second coordinating color which is a little bit darker so that I would get a nice contrast. I also sprinkled some water droplets and dabbed them off with a dry sheet of kitchen towel. After preparing the 5 areas I die cut them with the same polaroid frame as before. (I could have adhered the frames directly to the colored images but I wanted an inlay look so I clued both pieces (the animals and the frames) to a white cardstock and cut them out)

Then I prepared the background by blending the distress colors blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot together and sprinkling water droplets and white watercolor from the Gansai Tambi watercolor set.


I adhered the little 'photos' to the background and die cut speech bubbles from the die set I already used. Then I stamped the greeting included in the stamp set and adhrered the speech bubbles with foam tape to my card. To finish things up I used a normal white cardbase in the same size as the background.

I hope you'll have a colorful weekend and I'll see you soon.

Thank you for stopping by!

xo
Lisa



Supply List








Copic Markers: B12, BG0000, C1, C3, C5, E30, E31, E34, E35, E50, E55, G12, R20, V04, V06, V09, W1, W3, W5, Y000, Y15, Y38, YG11, YG13, YR000, YR00, YR02.

2 Kommentare :

  1. Such a cute and fun card the bright colours pop so nicely against the darker background. Great idea for a layout.

    AntwortenLöschen