2019/01/04

Wonderland | Lawn Fawn

Hello everyone! After all the Christmas and winter cards I was so looking forward to creating an ocean themed card. I also wanted to use the sweet stamps from Lawn Fawn. I decided to join the Lawnfawnatics Challenge #43 "Wonderful Winter" even though the card has nothing to do with winter. However, I used the colors from the challenge as inspiration (for the background as well as the images).



First I created the background with the largest die of the 'stitched scalloped rectangle frames' set. I used it on white cardstock two times. On the top of the first rectangle piece I blended the distress oxide ink colors spun sugar and scattered straw.


On the second one I blended hickory smoke, chipped sapphire and shaded lilac. I used a die from the 'simple stitched hillside borders' for the second rectangle.


I blended the same colors in the same order on the second scalloped frame too and adhered all 4 pieces on a white cardbase.

By the way, I prefer using distress inks on my background although I have all the Lawn Fawn inks. I used them for stamping but very rarely on backgrounds.

Then I stamped the sweet images from 'you are sublime', 'mermaid for you' and 'fairy friends' with Memento tuxedo black and colored them in with Copic markers. I added some details with a white gel pen. 



I adhered everything to the cardbase but didn't add a sentiment. This allows me to stamp the sentiment on the inside as soon as I know for which occasion I will send the card (birthday/thank you/friendship/...)


Thank you very much for stopping by and have a great day!

xo
Lisa

Supply List

2 Kommentare :

  1. Oh wow! I am so blown away by the amazing scene you created. Your coloring is stunning and I just love all the different details in your design! Thank you so much for playing the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!
    -Samantha

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much for your support and kindness! ♥

      Löschen