2015/09/12

Happy Birthday | Paper Smooches

Hi everyone! Today's cards feature many different stamp sets from Paper Smooches, Lawn Fawn and Mama Elephant. Again I have two cards to show because I was not sure which color combination I wanted to use; so went ahead with both :)


I'll walk you through the card making process of this boyish looking birthday card and I'll show you the other version below.

So, to create the background I used star stamps from the stamp sets "Happy 4th"  from Lawn Fawn and "Shooting Stars" from Mama Elephant. I stamped the stars in four different sizes (two filled and two outlined ones) with the Lawn Fawn dye inks freshly cut grass, mermaid and fish tank. I did not want the rest of the background to stay white, so I masked of a little circle where the dog was going to be and used tumbled glass distress ink to make a light blue background.


After that I trimmed off a stripe from the Lawn Fawn paper pad "Let's Polka Mon Amie" and also from white and black cardstock which I adhered on the bottom of the background.

While letting the background dry I stamped the dog image from birthday buddies on white cardstock and colored it in with copics. I used the Memento tuxedo black ink for stamping because this ink won't bleed if you use copic marker for coloring. I also stamped the sentiment from the birthday buddies stamp set on the white cardstock strip and adhered the dog with foam tape to the card.

To give the card a finishing touch I added enamel dots and used the wink of stella clear glitter brush for the hat and the darker stripes of the green paper. Last but not least I adhered the whole piece to a blue card base.

I repeated the same process for the second version but this time I used the chubby chums stamp set from Paper Smooches. The material is listed below.


Thank you for stopping by and I will catch you next Tuesday!
xo
Lisa

Supply List:

Dog Card






Copic Marker: E35, E 37 (dog), E 21 (spots), C1 (Eye), R20 (tongue), B12, B18 (hat)
In addition I used:
Paper Smooches - Birthday Buddies stamp set

My Mind's Eye - Cut&Paste Charm "Smile" (enamel dots)
My Mind's Eye - Kate&Co "Oxford Lane" (enamel dots)
Doodlebug - sprinkles blue jean

For the cat card I used the following materials:

Stamp Sets:
Paper Smooches - Chubby Chums
Paper Smooches 9 lives
Paper Smooches - Birthday Buddies
Lawn Fawn - Happy 4th
Mama Elephant - Shooting Stars
Inks:

Lawn Fawn - Sunflower
Lawn Fawn - Fake tan
Lawn Fawn - Lobster
Tim Holtz distress inks - scattered straw
Memento - Tuxedo black
Copics:
Cat - W1, W3, W5, W7
Eye - C1
Hat - YR16, Y17, Y38
Tongue - R20
Paper:
Lawn Fawn - Let's Polka in the dark
Other:
My Mind's Eye - Mistletoe magic (enamel dots)
My Mind's Eye - Cut&Paste Charm "Smile" (enamel dots)

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen