2016/02/18

Happy Birthday | Mama Elephant

Hello! Today I have a very simple and quick birthday card to show. I am always running out of birthday cards, especially for men so I wanted to make a quick design which fits both for women and men.


First of all I cut a piece of watercolor paper to about 3.5 x 4.8 inch (9 x 12.2 cm) and colored it in with shabby shutters distress ink (i just used a large paintbrush, water and the distress ink). After letting that dry I stamped the cupcake from 'carnival cupcakes' from Mama Elephant with Archival jet black ink. I jused masking paper to build that cute cupcake.

After that I also stamped some images from the 'little edibles' stamp set. To fill the images with color I used the ink smooshing technique: I squeezed the twisted lemon distress ink pad to a laminated sheet of paper, added a small amount of water, picked that up with an Avery Elle stamp and die storage pocket and pressed it down. By using that method you can easily control the distress color.

For the sentiment I die cut the 'happy birthday border' from Lawn Fawn from black glitter paper. Before I die cut the sentiment I had added stick it paper. Because of that I had no problems adhering the sentiment to the background.

For the finishing touch I used the 'all prettied up' die set from Mama Elephant and adhered the watercolor paper with foam tape to the diecut white paper.



You definitely could make a bunch of these cards at once and color it in with different distress ink pads. It's a really fun and easy way to wrap your birthday wishes :)

Thank you for stopping by and I'll be back soon!

xo
Lisa

Supply List

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen